What started as a thought experiment has become a really fun Commander variant! Here’s how to play:
Commanderp is Commander with these additional deck building restrictions:
- All creatures in your deck (the 99/98) must have a power of 1 or less.
- All non-creatures spells in your deck (the 99/98) must be CMC of 5 or higher.
- These restrictions do not apply to your Commander(s).
- Arcades, the Strategist is Banned
- Yuriko, the Tiger’s Shadow is Banned
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest is Banned
- Najeela, the Blade-Blossom is Banned
- Gaddock Teeg is Banned
Is Grist, the Hunger Tide legal?
Can I play creatures with power *?
* is equal to 0 while deck building, so yes.
What about split cards?
Split cards combine the mana cost of both sides. The combined mana cost must be 5 or higher.
What about MDFCs?
For these the face card must meet the restrictions.
711.4a. While a double-faced card is outside the game or in a zone other than the battlefield or stack, it has only the characteristics of its front face.